March 10, 2011

Considering Types of Homes - The Yurt

What is a Yurt?  Take a look at these links with photos:

Spirit Mountain Yurts
Living in the Round
Colorado Yurt Company


 Jake is much more sold on a yurt as a permanent dwelling than I am.  To me it seems like a really big comfortable tent for camping.  It just doesn't fit the efficient home idea I envision, but it's an option, no doubt. There is also no question that the cost of yurts are extremely affordable and would leave room for us to save save save.  We could potentially live in a yurt while building a more permanent structure. We could then have the yurt as a guest house for family when they visit, pending whatever municipal codes we'd have to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so I can connect with you! Especially if you are a Michigan farming housewife! I have a lot to learn from you!