While discussing timing/living options in preparation for our long term goals we came up with three plans.
1. Move single wide to land to avoid lot rent and save more monthly.
2. Save money to build home (the beauty of this is if we decide we don't like the land or the location we can sell the land and home, or attempt to, and possibly make money on it. Testing out the spot as it were and still having a well/septic set up for a more attractive sale.)
3. After money is saved, build home on land while living in singlewide
4. Sell single wide cheap or give it away to a needy family
5. If we plan to stay and build we can use the current slab from the singlewide for part of the barn.
Plan B) Same as plan A, but purchasing a doublewide for temporary use instead of a singlewide. Here we would be a little more comfortable with more kids and could take longer to save to build what we need.
Plan C) This plan is simply to not build long term and to move a double wide onto the land to live in indefinitely. The advantage of this plan would be the sq. footage of the home, possibly a 4 bedroom with a four-season room and more money to work with for animals, garden, and pond. The disadvantage of this plan is that we will not get the efficient home we wanted long term.
Plan D) Stay where we are paying lot rent, taking longer to save to build. We can still purchase and plan while living here. This is a tough one because all that lot rent could go into saving for a build.
All of these are still being discussed and we may think of another plan as we consider the above options. We are in no rush, well, maybe a little out of excitement. Hehe. It is fun to discuss our future together with the children and we are even thinking about what a nice place we could have for the grand kids to come visit, Lord willing. Who knows where God might call us to or away from. Our lives are ultimately in His hands. Nothing gets past Him without his approval!