May 5, 2011

Dream Garden

Can I be unrealistic for a moment?   Below is my dream plant list.  I know not only am I dreaming, but also some of these will take years to grow and some are not even possible in my climate. It would just be nice to list the plants I desire to have. These are also just things that pop in my head so humor me and feel free to gently correct me if I have a plant in the wrong category. :)

Veggies/grains - carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, green beans, cucumbers, lettuce, swiss chard, corn, wheat, quinoa, oats, rice, black beans

Fruit - Apple, pears, plums, kiwi, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, orange, avocado, banana (ok ok, I know it couldn't be edible in my climate! Is it possible in a 30' green house to do an avocado or banana tree?)

Nuts - walnut, pecan, almonds

Herbs - basil, cilantro, parsley, chives, lavender, rose hip, rosemary

Flowers and trees (besides the already listed)  Peony (will be the first thing planted on our land...) , lilacs (every color), daisies, pansies, coleus, holly, roses, maple, did I mention lavender and lots of it!


Oh I'm sure I could sit and think of more, but enough dreaming for one night!  How many acres will I need for all these plants?

Tomorrow my 3 year old and I will be seeding a bunch of flowers I picked up at the store tonight. Pansies, marigolds, sweet pea, silver coins, and canterbury bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment so I can connect with you! Especially if you are a Michigan farming housewife! I have a lot to learn from you!